Need more bass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys I got this old Sony receiver with Yamaha speaker and a Sony wsmp75 subwoofer. The system sounds pretty good, but it needs a little more bass to sound better. I was wondering if you guys think I should go diy sub or buy another wsmp75 off Craigslist and use a line splitter to split the audio from the sub I own. They're going for $30 on Craig's so I could pick up another one, or maybe even 2 more just to shake the house lol. If you guys think I should go diy or buy one that already build shoot me some suggestions I would say my budget is around $200. My room is 20x25 with a 10 foot ceiling.

A single 18" or double 15" from dayton in a ported box should fill that room nicely. Of course you'll have to find an amp for it though.

I have a double 12" ported ppsl in my 13'×15' room and it provides more than enough bass for that room.

Attachments

• 20160417_195352-1.jpg
    20160417_195352-1.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
A "little more bass" is vague enough and your present system, purposes, skills, music, and goals mysterious enough to start a long thread on this forum.

My guess is your system is balanced just fine and adding the kind of profound bass loved here would unbalance it.

The first step is to turn up your bass tone control.

The second step would be to move your sub and your listening chair around (at least during testing) to see if changing either location results in bass impairment or improvement.

If you don't see enough change and your budget is tight, your smart move would be to add a self-powered sub from a charity store or Craigs List (with care), not substitute what you have. For $40 you can find some quite wonderful self-powered subs that way. Best to mix-and-complement, not to duplicate the same Sony sub model. Multiple subs properly located in your room improves your sound in a way that you might like a lot.

B.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.