what would be the proper hornresp model for Reckhorn H100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
what is a good model for this type which sits in the corner and fires at the floor?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

my attempt - which reeds improvement/refinement

how is the bottom gap handled? - is there another flare effect such
as William Cowan used in simulating his little corner horn?

uaYujwD.jpg

Last edited:
The final expansion (under the cabinet) is a sudden transition to a conical expansion that sets off with area equal to the circumference of the port (multiplied by cabinet height off the ground), and finishes as the circumference of the cabinet (multiplied by cabinet height off the ground). The length of the final section is the average distance from centre of the port to the edge of the cabinet, since it's difficult to model precisely. That said, at the wavelengths involved I expect it'll give a reasonably accurate simulation - low frequencies tend to average things out.

Adjusting the cabinet height will change the area of that final expansion, so I expect some "tweaking" is recommended by the manufacturer.

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.