Duratex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good evening Lordsansui. I would be happy to. To start Duratex has a low VOC which means it has very little smell. It's so low that it can be used in your home. It's water soluble so clean up is easy and earth friendly. It's available in spray or roller versions. Standard colors are black and white although most colors can be matched to your color swatch. It is not waterproof but is water resistant and does not whiten when wet. If needed touch up is a snap. Thank you. Peace

How do you actually go about tinting this stuff? It is pretty thick, and doesnt seem like it would lend itself to mixing. I have done 50-ish PA cabs in black and two for the home system in white. I've heard that it *can* be tinted, but was worried about possibly ruining my last good gallon of white "experimenting".

Good morning. White DuraTex can be tinted in pastel colors. So a lemon yellow can be obtained with white but safety yellow could not due to the white. If you need a deep tint color you would need to start with DuraTex ultra deep. If not being tinted by us, be sure to only use water base tints. We use the Color trend 888 series at our shop. I hope this helps. Peace

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.