8 subs and 2 tubes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's a shame the tubes aren't longer to make a couple of push-push transmission lines
I actually wanted to match the array tower height @7' tall just for looks. But there's extra freight charge for length, of that style PVC pipe, over 4'.

Isobaric definately in the plans, just need to experiment with different setups. I'm going by ear/feeling only on this sub project. A few pics soon.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I have justthe same collection of bits. I have already cut the 12” PVC to the appropriate length for a sealed enclosure, cut baffles and get sufficient ready-rod to bolt 4 12s into each pipe in this push-pull-push-push configuration.

push-pull-push-push.gif

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I always like push-push woofers for the huge advantages of active vibration cancellation. The push-pull isobarik pairs allow for a reduction in cabinet volume of 1/2 so 4 arranged like this need the volume of a single driver. So a push-push pair of isobarik woofers. I happen to have lots of the woofers (vintage Foster 12” woofers suitable for sealed boxes) and got a free 12” PVC pipe that was just long enuff to make 2 enclosures.

Everything is wired so that everything is acoustically the same phase. Could be wired for 2Ω or 8Ω.

dave

With the PVC pipe you end up with a separation...
dave

I get what you're saying about separation between the edge of the driver and ID of the PVC, but that's not what I was getting at. Looking at your pic, if you took the left pair and the right pair of sub's and stretched them out, what would be the advantages and disadvantages be IYO? (I would like to keep my precious tubes, they were not cheap)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.