Dual Tang Band 6.5" BR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's something I'd love to do but there are several new skills involved that I'd have to learn at once. Is there an idiots guide?

Also, I want to crossover at 120-150hz so as I understand the frequencies above the passband are not easy to control?

The volvotreter 28hz looks good but as Brian pointed out there are issues with its response that I think I'd have a hard time integrating in to my system. Any thoughts?

I think Brian nailed it. Get it a foot or so from a wall or even near a corner that should help considerably.

Do a folded horn! Realize +6db advantage and play lower.

The volvotreter 28hz looks good but as Brian pointed out there are issues with its response that I think I'd have a hard time integrating in to my system. Any thoughts?

I wrote a longer reply and lost it, so here's the short version:

If you're referring to this design:

The Tangband 30Hz Tapped Horn – Volvotreter Homepage

1. It is modelled incorrectly
2. The driver parameters are slightly different the parameters for your drivers.

The first attachment shows the response of the Volveter TH, modelled correctly, with one of your drivers. The second is a simple offset TL with the same driver. It's half the size, so less efficient, but does not suffer from the response and GD problems that affect the TH design.

Attachments

• 2018-01-05.png
    2018-01-05.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 2018-01-05 (1).png
    2018-01-05 (1).png
    23.8 KB · Views: 129
Thanks, it was the 38hz version with inductors in line that we were previously discussing and its pitfalls.

Would you recommend the TL over your MLTL design?

How would I implement the TL design in to the real world?

I wrote a longer reply and lost it, so here's the short version:

If you're referring to this design:

The Tangband 30Hz Tapped Horn – Volvotreter Homepage

1. It is modelled incorrectly
2. The driver parameters are slightly different the parameters for your drivers.

The first attachment shows the response of the Volveter TH, modelled correctly, with one of your drivers. The second is a simple offset TL with the same driver. It's half the size, so less efficient, but does not suffer from the response and GD problems that affect the TH design.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.