Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dual Tang Band 6.5" BR
Dual Tang Band 6.5" BR
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th December 2017, 06:04 AM   #31
grahamgraham is offline grahamgraham  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Yeah, I'm stoked (as the australians say).

I have built some cabs for it's little brother the 5.25" version, so two of these 6.5"s per side should be a massive step up! I should have an update later this week maybe next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman01 View Post
Graham,

Got a couple of these drivers too. Look forward to updates once you get the drivers.
Old 13th December 2017, 06:06 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

I had thought about veneer but it will be a first for me, I'd better get youtubing for some education!

Yeah, a white wash would be very nice as well. Oh the options!

I'd better make sure it works properly before I count my chickens tho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight8s View Post
Light maple veneers seem wife friendly. Finished with natural danish oil and a low gloss clear over it. Or white washed veneer. Something that blends in lol. Go over finishes with your gf, get her involved. If she ends up liking it getting a 2nd sub into the room might fly. Gloss white is nice but not the best to do over MDF unless you seal it good by rolling on a couple coats of good quality two part glass resin. Choices are endless. That box deserves something nice over it.
Old 13th December 2017, 06:09 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

My port velocity of 12.5ms so I am hoping I won't need to do too much work on that. I have sanded down the inside port so it is flared and might round over the inside corner of the port and if I need to I was thinking about adding this kind of arrangement on the front.Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalplayer View Post
I would use a radius/flare on the port to keep distortion and velocity down.
Also it will couple better to the surrounding air.
Old 13th December 2017, 07:50 AM   #34
zman01 is online now zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Dual Tang Band 6.5" BR
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamgraham View Post
Yeah, I'm stoked (as the australians say).

I have built some cabs for it's little brother the 5.25" version, so two of these 6.5"s per side should be a massive step up! I should have an update later this week maybe next!
To continue the colloquialisms, are you expecting be "chuffed" with the performance of the 2 x 6.5" subs?
Old 27th December 2017, 01:15 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

I am so far!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman01 View Post
To continue the colloquialisms, are you expecting be "chuffed" with the performance of the 2 x 6.5" subs?
Old 27th December 2017, 01:17 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Quick update, all loaded in and cabled up with Van Damme 2.5mm studio grade.

Sounds great on first listen but is a little lacking in punchiness. I wonder if I'll work out why when I measure it in REW.

Crossover set to 120hz.

Maybe a second unit will even things out?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 26055941_10154991317177601_3481635106129356862_n.jpg (111.0 KB, 126 views)
Old 3rd January 2018, 03:51 PM   #37
straight8s is offline straight8s  Canada
diyAudio Member

FWIW their anarchy woofers are back in stock. Very nice looking subs for $66 U.S funds. Anarchy Woofer DIY Sound Group

Exodus Anarchy - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum
Old 3rd January 2018, 05:41 PM   #38
Brian Steele is offline Brian Steele  Grenada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamgraham View Post
Sounds great on first listen but is a little lacking in punchiness.
If that's where you're locating it, it could be because of cancellation in the upper bass range because of the out of phase reflection off that wall in the back. Mount it up against the wall, rather than out in front like that.
Old 5th January 2018, 07:31 AM   #39
diyAudio Member

Thanks Brian, once the Christmas tree is down (I know its a bit late) I can start with the subwoofer crawl etc.

After input from others I took the port down by 10cm, I noticed a difference immediately but I have not measured. Still, it's a prototype before I build a pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Steele View Post
If that's where you're locating it, it could be because of cancellation in the upper bass range because of the out of phase reflection off that wall in the back. Mount it up against the wall, rather than out in front like that.
Old 5th January 2018, 07:32 AM   #40
diyAudio Member

I am also very interested in your boom-unit project that I think might make a suitable cab for one of these. I need to learn hornresp first as it's a little mystifying to me atm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Steele View Post

Dual Tang Band 6.5" BRHide this!Advertise here!