Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dual Tang Band 6.5" BR
Dual Tang Band 6.5" BR
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd December 2017, 01:41 PM   #11
grahamgraham is offline grahamgraham  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Thanks, is it a case of up to an inch of adjustment on fine tuning? Obviously I won't know until its measured but do you have any idea what range it may effect? Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Steele View Post
You should be fine with a right-angled bend and a particle speed of 12.5m/s

At 22m/s, you are going to see some vent compression effects. This may not be readily audible however, unless perhaps you're playing test tones.

The proximity of the inside end of the vent to the nearby walls will lower the effective resonance frequency a bit. Be prepared to measure Fb and to trim the vent if necessary.
Old 3rd December 2017, 01:43 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Yes it does! I am just getting the hang of bass reflex at the moment. I'm On my fourth build. Would this attempting too much to adapt that design?

It looks very compact and girlfriend dictates I can do what I want it just can't be ridiculous. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Steele View Post
That's an interesting design. The penultimate section of the vent seems to be a bit larger than required, but I'll bet that's not only to house the amp, but perhaps to act as a small resonance chamber to damp organ-pipe effects caused by the long vent.
Old 3rd December 2017, 01:50 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Yeah, they look really interesting, thanks! My girlfriend might not approve. Compact is an element.it has to be under 60cm tall to fit in.

The anarchy tapped horn looks very interesting. I will compare my drivers with the Anacrhy drivers. Do you think there will be the need for a lot of adjustment ind esign to accomodate my drivers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight8s View Post
Those are a great value subs and very versatile, cubes or miniature tapped horns, just one plays quite loud and deep and give bigger subs a run. For HT and music consider anarchy boxes. Anarchy Tapped Horn DIY Sound Group Search mad mike anarchy sub there are more helpful plans out there.

Its littlemike, I saved the trouble LittleMike's Anarchy Tapped Horn - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

There is 3 versions inside projects Volvotreter Homepage
19hz dual 6" The Tangband 19Hz Tapped Horn Volvotreter Homepage
Old 3rd December 2017, 01:51 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Silly me, it is for the TangBand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight8s View Post
Those are a great value subs and very versatile, cubes or miniature tapped horns, just one plays quite loud and deep and give bigger subs a run. For HT and music consider anarchy boxes. Anarchy Tapped Horn DIY Sound Group Search mad mike anarchy sub there are more helpful plans out there.

Its littlemike, I saved the trouble LittleMike's Anarchy Tapped Horn - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

There is 3 versions inside projects Volvotreter Homepage
19hz dual 6" The Tangband 19Hz Tapped Horn Volvotreter Homepage
Old 3rd December 2017, 07:18 PM   #15
bjorno is offline bjorno  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to bjorno
Hi All,

FYI:

b
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 75mm-Diam.Pipe-with-90-degree-Bend.JPG (321.2 KB, 116 views)
Old 3rd December 2017, 08:07 PM   #16
LightBit is offline LightBit  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamgraham View Post
For a shorter port I could use a 75mm port diameter but the port velocity shoots up to 22ms. Is this way too high?
Don't forget, it is 22ms at full power. Driver might be limited by Xmax.

You can try my SpeakerSim, which simulates port velocity at maximal power (according to Xmax).
Old 3rd December 2017, 10:36 PM   #17
Brian Steele is offline Brian Steele  Grenada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamgraham View Post
Thanks, is it a case of up to an inch of adjustment on fine tuning? Obviously I won't know until its measured but do you have any idea what range it may effect? Thanks again.
It will push Fb lower, how much lower its hard to say. Just make the last section removable so you can easily trim it.
Old 4th December 2017, 02:37 AM   #18
Jerms is offline Jerms  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

W6 sub - Techtalk Speaker Building, Audio, Video Discussion Forum

That build might offer some ideas. Lots of info and some measurements further down.

J.
Old 4th December 2017, 06:58 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Thanks, yes very detailed.

I'm starting to wonder from other peoples projects if I really need two dual subs since this driver is a little weapon. I have the TB 5.25" driver in a BR box for my kitchen and it is might big for its size but I want subs that I don't need to push to hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerms View Post
W6 sub - Techtalk Speaker Building, Audio, Video Discussion Forum

That build might offer some ideas. Lots of info and some measurements further down.

J.
Old 4th December 2017, 07:10 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

This project looks very tempting to me. I think I will build my dual sub but maybe later one try these cabinets for a stereo config.

The Tangband 38Hz Tapped Horn – Volvotreter Homepage

My queries in regards to this are as follows:

He mentions "Note that the design includes the use of 4,7mh coils to even out the response. They are wound from 1,32mm dia. copper wire and have a Rdc of 0,26 ohm."

How are these implemented and what is he smoothing out?

The response looks funky after 100hz, I usually cross my subs over at 120hz for a bit more upper thump in my system. Is this no-mans land for the way I would like to use them?

Also, are the drivers trapped in the design once they are sealed up? I'd like to have flexibility to move drivers from different cabs in the future?

Dual Tang Band 6.5" BRHide this!Advertise here!