sonotube wall thickness

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey all, ive been lurking here and on some other boards for a couple weeks and i think im gonna dive into the world of diy and make a sonotube sub w/ a shiva 12 and probably the ava250. yeah i know it is about the most generic thing i could make, but i wanna go easy on the first project.

anyway down to the point... i found a sonotube supplier online: White Cap and they have sonotube for what looks like a good price. so what i want to know is, what wall thickness should i use? i see that they have light wall and heavy wall, but i havent seen any details on the dozens of pages i have looked at that say what wall thickness was used. i think it is light wall, but i want to be sure so that i dont get the thin wall and have it be as thick as a cereal box!!! o.k. a little exagerated but you get the point...

so any info would be greatly appreciated

~mike

edit: also, does anyone have the true measurements of the tubes? i.e. if i buy the 24" tube, i assume the interior diameter will be slightly less than the rated 24" nominal diameter. so any help here either for general dimension info?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.