Cheapish drivers a for a geddes system, starting with the high up placed small one

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Im thinking of building a geddes system, with one 8" placed high up, a 10" in a closed box that must be very musical, the one used when fine listening(or if it all sounds soo good together, used together with the two others) and a 12" that moves air but still olays nice.

The 10 & 12 boxes can be up til 70-80 liters in volume, but the 8 box needs to be as small as possible as it will be placed high up and as such shouldn't look too big.

I saw someone recommending JBL GTO 0804 8" as a good sub for its size with high xmax, 11,5mm.

What are your opinions on it as a sub in a geddes system? And should it be sealed or vented? What volume would bw suitable for it to play low enough together with the rest, but being a 8" I dont know how low one could tune it too..

It is a ugly speaker but im after function and could always use speaker cloth to hide the cone, or turn it away so it plays to the back of the room.

Is this a good 8" sub for the price, 75€, or are there better sounding alternatives for about the same price?

Here are some parameters:
Fs 29,6
Vas 16,4
QTS 0,542
Xmax 11,5

Lets start with finding a good 8" for the system, then we can move on upwards to the ones mpwing more air, or atleast are bigger.

I meed help, I dropped the diy audio interest about 3-4 years ago and are a total noob again.. only thing I remember is that a geddes system was what I wanted.

Thank you in advance for your help and let's hope this thread won't be deleted as asking for help with all three size drivers was too close to my thread about high xmax US designed subs available in EU.

This is not about that, so I hope I dont have to type another new thread on my phone as my laptop is out of function.

If you have any other driver suggestions just post them, but I would like to keep the budget under 100€ for this 8" driver.

They will be driven by high quality PA amps. Which one, I dont know yet as im awaiting a list of amps mu PA/lightning rental guy writes what amps he has for sale.

I hope you guys could help me, thank you in advance//JL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.