Best replacement 10" drivers $250 each budget..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I see that your T/S parameter data sets are incomplete, missing efficiency and surface area data (and others). I was going to suggest that you also compare SPL, not just gain. There should be a significant difference apparent between the two systems (26l vs 85l).

Do try simming in Unibox, as recommended earlier.

18.4 VS 20 is that a big difference?
Sorry about not doing SIM home work...

Ah, I misread the information page about the CSS driver. I thought it said Xmax was 12.7mm. It's actually saying that BL is flat for an Xmax of 12.7mm

The Type-R drivers feature pretty flat BL curves as well, but the CSS driver seems significantly more efficient, and likely worth the few extra $$

I just ordered eight CSS drivers on a pre-order special. Sorry for not taking the advice on doing the SIM work.. It's half a lazy thing and half protecting my brain from getting compulsive about something else.
Thanks everyone for all the advice!
Vince

They are fairly efficient needing rather large boxes for 10" woofers. They also play just about as low as anything in a ported box modeling lower than most 12" drivers IMO. Now that I sealed the ports and using a shelving EQ to compensate for the lost low end vs ported, I am enjoying them even more. I am running them with about 150W each in 2.2 cu ft sealed right now. Running 4 of them and find they sound pretty good even XO'd as far up as 200hz with a 24dB/oct crossover. I run them up to 150hz now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.