ETF Subwoofer Demo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the tapered slot is VASTLY superior to a rectangular slot of any dimension above 100 Hz. the tapered slot woofer at ETF made it to 800 Hz clean... and then began to comb. it is the only heil arrangement that can do this that i have experienced. it's simple to make.

why this would be is obvious, although i must admit it took a long time for me to realize this. embarrassingly long. the X and Y modes are totally suppressed. just the Z is an issue... and it's not bad. first order crossovers are practical with a tapered slot heil baffle.

Last edited:
reffering to post #16. Cancelling away 2nd order of harmonics usually isn´t good for the ear. Only for THD.
We have learnt that odd high order harmonics sounds sharp edgy irritating barbwire!!
I dont like barbwires in my ears.
Even order and specially 2nd harmonic is masking higher order harmonics. This is well known facts.
I did this experiment in my dipole setup and I will never go back to 2nd harmonic cancellation trick by turning every secon element backwards.
Looking at THD as a number is useless.
Our ear is actually producing up to 10% 2nd harmonic distortion in itself at ow frequencies!!

This is also why an single ended triode amplifier with 1% THD can sound superiour to a trannie amp with 0.01 %THD. The barbwire sound from the transistor amplifier is usually from the 5th and 7th harmonic. Which is non existing in the Single ended triode amp...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.