Has anyone ever measured a Wicked One or similar brothers ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone ever measured a Wicked One or similar Wicked One WO32 or others ?
I would be very interested in building a couple, but first I would like to know how it could go and the frequency response. I would also like to have itsome suggestions on which woofers use from 20-25 cm and 8 or better 16 Ohm .

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English......

GM

Joined 2003
The major problem I see re those sims is that the horn is a parabolic segmented expansion due to having parallel sides, so need to do a sim based on this rather than a simple one segment hyperbolic or expo with the preferred driver and work from there unless you just want to build it as is if the sim is acceptable.

GM

The major problem I see re those sims is that the horn is a parabolic segmented expansion due to having parallel sides, so need to do a sim based on this rather than a simple one segment hyperbolic or expo with the preferred driver and work from there unless you just want to build it as is if the sim is acceptable.

GM

It appears from the x-section of the WO that there is a constriction in the center of the horn flare. To properly model it would require the use of several segments.

It appears from the x-section of the WO that there is a constriction in the center of the horn flare. To properly model it would require the use of several segments.

Here's how I might approach the analysis, treating the WO as a FLH. Note the restriction at S4. Also, normally I take the CSAs orthogonal to the path, but I think taking them as I've illustrated for S5, S4 and S3 should produce reasonably accurate results.

Attachments

• Wicked_One_02.jpg
    Wicked_One_02.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 185
Here's how I might approach the analysis, treating the WO as a FLH. Note the restriction at S4. Also, normally I take the CSAs orthogonal to the path, but I think taking them as I've illustrated for S5, S4 and S3 should produce reasonably accurate results.
I've read this , in the original plan , about the throat opening (between VTC and S1 ) :
"Measuring 2" from the lower corner plot and intersection as shown. This point determines the throat of the horn. Since you're using material that is 3/4" of an inch thick, the throat opening will be 1.25 x 1.25 inches when measured from the inside after the panels are in place. NOTE: Enlarging this opening to no more than double, will raise the high frequency cutoff point. Combined with reversing the speaker baffle 180 degrees it is possible when using higher frequency drivers to reach a cutoff of 5khz. This is desirable when using this design as a full range enclosure. Applications of that would include PA use and Home theater Center Channels. The green circles illustrate the last two intersections needed to plot the line for the last panel illustrated by the green line. "

According to the instructions, this NLA big motor custom 10" is 'ideal': DECWARE / DHM108B 10 inch woofer

GM

* Qms: 7.49
* Qes: .33
* Qts: .618

do the above numbers seem odd to anyone else?

the substitutions they provide are the standard plug and play candidates these days given the death of the dayton series II. i'd expect the mcm 8 to perform reasonably well in the enclosure as well.

Didn't look at them, but obviously wrong.

Yeah, wish I still had my notes from some builds back in the basslist days, though IIRC mine were mostly on the Decware? Pi Speakers? forum that disappeared. Anyway, the build I was most involved with didn't remotely perform like a 'sub' or like much of a BP for that matter, more a 'one note' boombox.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.