Goldwood GW15-pc cab? for karaoke and dinner music?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Me and my wacky ideas :)

I'm thinking of using the Goldwoods or a similar rubber surround 12 or 15 combo for karaoke and light dinner/music/presentation use.
The cabinet(s) will ADD 35-80hz thump to existing 15"2 way cabs in overlapping configuration (i.E. full range on the tops).
This is a low budget project.

Single 15 cabs will work but looking at other options:

Options are a dual driver front firing sealed version, or here comes the wacky part....:crazy::crazy:
What would happen in a dual driver situation, where the two drivers oppose each other? I.E. one fires forward, the other fires backward wired out of phase. I.E. one speaker on each side?
I would think that for karaoke use this would be desirable as the stage area would then have enough bottom for the performer requiring smaller monitors that could be mounted to the speaker stands firing in a closer to ear level. Almost any monitor can cover above 80hz anyway and those 2x4" and 4x4" self powered jobs fit nicely under the tops on a stand (120hz).
For dinner music etc, I would think you could set up two subs on one wall equally spaced moving bass indirectly around the room.
Thoughts? :rolleyes:

I'm thinking you may not need a directional sub at lower frequencies if your mains are carrying the primary load. In Webster Hall NYC (old palladium). Richard Long had two massive down firing sub cabinets
right on the dance floor. The result was a really sweet dance environment. The place was HUGE!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.