Sharing Fosgate P3D4-12 double 4" ABS pipe ported enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, after getting some private messages about that subwoofer design that I posted yesterday, decided to share the whole stuff. Its a ported box that uses two big 4"abs pipe 90 degree elbow adapters, and of course some 4"abs pipe.

Whole box is 88 liter, displaced space by things is 19.85L (each adapter takes 2.5L). Port tuning is 30hz. Driver used is: Rockford fosgate P3D4-12. Yes, the pipes take some space, but they are going to perform so amazing even at maximum stages. MDF used is 3/4"(19mm), you can use 5/16 dowels or any other joinery method you know.

Notes: Picture 02 shows a method to easily glue the pipe, once everything is placed/installed, you simply fill that gap with epoxy or something like that, making it easy, so you glue the pipes once the enclosure is finished, you can do the same with the top layer ones.

I recommend adding a double baffle, so you can use it as a cover and flare with router where the pipe ends, double baffle section does not count any pipe length.

I used Winisd 0.7.0.950 to calculate all the needed parameters and designed this.

Attachments

• 00.1.png
    00.1.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 08.png
    08.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 07.png
    07.png
    153.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 06.png
    06.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 05.png
    05.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 04.png
    04.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 03.png
    03.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 02.png
    02.png
    101 KB · Views: 93
  • 01.png
    01.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 09.png
    09.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
The baffle appears to be unbraced. I suggest having another look at that build to see if you can extend the braces that are holding the ports to the baffle (you'll need to move the driver's position on the baffle, of course). Perforate the braces so they don't end up converting the box to three individual volumes :)

Actually baffle is braced, can you see that 38x38x368mm timber connecting baffle and bottom at the left side? I did not do that to the other side because the pipes are doing the same, these pipes are very strong, about 7.5mm thick. Middle braces are also adding general stiffness at a good degree. I think that this enclosure is more solid than enough. There's a picture that's not showing the 38x38 brace, just ignore it. There's enough space between the walls, so they are not acting like individual chambers, those walls take less than a half of the way, so air flow is not compromised. Better to have them like this so they give more general stiffness at the center part while supporting the pipes.

Attachments

• 06.png
    06.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 41
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.