RE-Upload, Dual 15s W-Horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

So i am posting as i've been using these threads for a while now to expand my knowledge etc. I've successfully designed and built a nice pair of simple ported monitors and i think they sound great, a little funny in the low end but i wanted to build a sub anyway.

Being a fan of the oldschool W/Bath designs that cinemas used to use i wanted to build a dual 15s enclosure. I'll cut to the chase and just state what i have so far.

These drivers: Eminence Beta 12 - 8 OHMS 250W 12" Driver 8 ohm
Hornresp:
attachment.php

More Hornresp:
attachment.php

The design:
attachment.php

The hornresp calc is adjusted after i made the design, it was within about 4/5% difference overall i'd say. I'm not entirely sure what i should look out for with this build and whether or not i've done anything wrong. So if anyone has any comments or criticism they think would be constructive i'd love to hear. I dont want to embark on something too extensive for my first horn build though, so i may borrow a friends driver to make a tapped horn first.

Edit, i messed up the image files my bad.

Have a good day and thank you!

Justhor

Attachments

• Dual 12 ported folded horn enclosure.PNG
    Dual 12 ported folded horn enclosure.PNG
    71.5 KB · Views: 329
  • Frequency response for dual 12s.PNG
    Frequency response for dual 12s.PNG
    26.4 KB · Views: 347
  • hornresp 12 dual cab.PNG
    hornresp 12 dual cab.PNG
    17.4 KB · Views: 207
I´m not sure about driver spositioning, as it´s not obvious for me, but except for that, it looks like it should work if you pad it and cut it soon enaugh (cca 30 and 80Hz).
Also there seems to be some redundant "space from the top and bottom poligon shaping the horn, but as long as You don´t have problem with size and weight, it´s okay.
Looking forward to see the outcome!

That big cancellation around 100 Hz would have me looking at redoing the design or settling for a different design that doesn't feature such a steep dip that's so close to the planned x-over frequency. With a good TH design, that cancellation can be significantly reduced, if not eliminated.
As for the driver placement it'd be dual drivers vertically, in the box between mouths. And the extra space was going to be for a custom amp port that'd suit my room, not much space. I've got a TH design that's pretty simple i want to follow instead for a 12". Thanks for the advice guys, just looking for more direction and knowledge.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.