Oldschool, newschool or preschool? Dual 15 W-Sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

So i am posting as i've been using these threads for a while now to expand my knowledge etc. I've successfully designed and built a nice pair of simple ported monitors and i think they sound great, a little funny in the low end but i wanted to build a sub anyway.

Being a fan of the oldschool W/Bath designs that cinemas used to use i wanted to build a dual 15s enclosure. I'll cut to the chase and just state what i have so far.

These drivers: Eminence Beta 12 - 8 OHMS 250W 12" Driver 8 ohm
Hornresp:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

More Hornresp:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The design:

The hornresp calc is adjusted after i made the design, it was within about 4/5% difference overall i'd say. I'm not entirely sure what i should look out for with this build and whether or not i've done anything wrong. So if anyone has any comments or criticism they think would be constructive i'd love to hear. I dont want to embark on something too extensive for my first horn build though, so i may borrow a friends driver to make a tapped horn first.

Have a good day and thank you!

Justhor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.