closet horn/BP6 hybrid : need advices

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, all : here a closet 2 meter high times 0.9 meter wide and 1.2m deep : with the middle part containing four 18" each 300L VAS and qts=0.45 firing :
a) front to a small (lopass chambre 200 liters)= passage (0.2m high : passage length 0.8m to 0.3m) then continuing to the throat of conical (triangle) horn at the back (apex of closet horn) and then "mouth of horn" itself having a restriction in width of 0.15m (so making it also more of a helmholtz cavity in fact ?)
b) back to a bottom cavity (0.5m high) helmholtz chamber with the front of it being a restriction of 0.15m forming a (short) port

I am correctly describing ?
would you describe it more a BP6thorder or more as a tappedhorn ?
I would like advices so as to dimension horn throat (restriction) area where I can still easily adjust it ...
any ideas so to obtain a 65-190hz with highest efficiency response and modelize in winisd and then hornresp ? should I aim 65-140 bandwidth instead as a more realistic/fitting goal ?
highest efficiency in this closet is my goal, I just need to define bandwidth in relation to phenomenes and figures involved .
is front AND back wave use achievable here ?
I welcome all comments/discussions/views ... thanks a lot

Attachments

• all.jpg
    all.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 118
  • horncone.jpg
    horncone.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 110
  • bottom.jpg
    bottom.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
For a driver front and rear wave to be added at a frequency I need to have the 2 path achieving a half wave difference that would be 2.8 m at 60hz : I only have 1.4m (quarter wavelength) now in this build. As of now I do not get good enough summing at 60hz : I will modify : open up mid part (remove vertical wood plank) to try again 6th order BP : bottom and mid part working each the helmholtz way : in this coming case : does the big open cavity formed by the horn impair/modify the activity of the future port being just under it ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.