ROAR18

Hello Smitske96

I have buil...well... I have payed someone to get two ROAR15 built but I have not been able to properly test them yet, they are equipped with B&C 15SW115-8 that are not even aware of having left their shipping boxes yet, meaning I have not used them beyond "apartment loud" levels.

Given that the drivers are brand new (meaning to high fs, to low qms etc. compared to the published specifications) I would still say that they have a different sound than the THAM designs that I'm familiar with in that they appear to have a more detailed sound, and they seem to have bit more of that tactile sound that is felt relatively early in level.

If I would have had more time with them in real applications (read loud, outdoors etc.) I could provide a better answer as to how they perform, but this far I have not detected anything that worries me, rather the opposite.

Here is the thread on the ROAR15 :
ROAR15

Last edited:
one 'could' judge the performance of the roar by observing the success of the 'paraflex. it would be no further from the truth then to deny those two versions of pressure/rarify from sources joined in time and distance arent in the same envelope of proportions of and from node/ antinode in the bandwidth of subwoofer and frequencies used. or, if they are, things get very very interesting QUICK! length, area and the volume.... bust that into groupings and its a bomb if affixed toe a backwave element. black hole? antimatter? its got the same issue as matter and anti matter do in sound... echo? reverb? GAIN... GAINr
in fact, the responce of either can be acheived using either if applying the same architecture and layout in a fair and appropriate manner(and adjusted proportions). the horn response sims can show this and better than ever now, still otherwise. (THnorCH) use then the same excuses and assumptions to which they dont have as a result as claimed by both creators of both designs.... missing information of the driver position of placement of that 'turn.'
o
the fact remains. when they both are in phase, and maintan it throughthe cyces and beyond the window of BW and by using the pressure nodes from each side. they do have the same result and they are both incredibly special in that regard. even better if they are buiilt using ta fair sim in PH mode nd different then how they have been/are built without it
doesnt matter what ANYONE says or assumes about either. these are excellent applications of a very complex way of making sound thats not just a sentence or a phrase. its got an exclamation mark for punctuality. weather you like shouting or not is up to you, but its exciting if you want it to be and it adds to the experience in both aa very great and maybe not always great ways.

in retrospct i have put my existing versions of both paraflex and roar in tobthe PH sim for more clarity and reality. yes. that few cms of difference was important.... but nibody could have known...

this is a fact it is pressure phase against velocity phase or whatever way thats more cleary explained to anyone. bust out the trignometry functions and unit circle to stage it and see from there. the rest is just physics, if you dont like physics, too bad it doenst like you either:D we all gotta deal wthh that part for sure

Last edited:
example, but one tthat can be flipped to suit the roar as well:

driver entry at 30 cm of 180 and thus 150cm more in 99000cm3 space(volume) using 550 cm2 in each of the 30 cm. 180cm total at 550cm2each.

followed by 90 centimeters of 99000cm3 space using twice the (area)1100cm2 . 90 centimeters total at 1100cm2 each
then 30 cm and 60 centimeteres in 99000cm3 of space using that 1100cm2 as well. total of 90 cms at 1100cm2 each

finally a junction of the two that leads into an exit of 3300 for 30 cm and 99000cm3 again. total. its done and released... its gone thru 4 circles in time and two in space. or pressure/mass velocity i suppose?? its 22x7 inches just SAYING

i think the take away herer is a mathematincal result of 18 X9 OR 22 BY 7 SQ NCHES OR SSOMETHING SIMILAR and parts of it. its clearly chasing the edge of pi and pi2, pi3 SQ rt of PI, etc.....no matter what. A BIT MORE MATH AND as do the orbits of electrons, planets and radioactive decay, defraction. time dilation and duality, quantum physics and acoustics.... its not all greek, its all EGYPTIAN. hexagon an pyramid and circle . you cannot forget the math if its real. well here it is and its a speaker. its a roar or a paraflex or similar. its any of those actually. but its not. duality. this is real science and its top of the food chain here too :EEK:

using a very capable driver and accounting for the LE/RE issue we can see a scenario exists thats part TS parameteres, part cycles of phase and pressure nodes that remain funitonaly perfect in trigonometry and circumfernceal units of 180 in many many turns of the wheel of harmonics and frequency> you might note the golden ratio of 1.618 is not far off here as itisnt in km er hour and mph that arent ether... nor is am and FM raidio freqencies vs location of travel proportions of the sphere and the cube by volume of displacement. its the inverse square law and pi, over and over bounce for gain. gain as LP FILTERED too.. its a universla =onstant and its based of 0.5236 it is also the distance ratio in AU of earth to jupiter and saturn as 5.236 and 10. frequency and phase are doing it all in sound. but n the bogger picture its aso doin it in the solar system. fanFAWKTasitc?!! amazing over and over agian :D 344. 3.14... 360 OR 1130 IN 3.14? 360. JUST MATH MORE MATH. 86400, math in everything as suns distance across. mons distance across and oribitals o each as distance traveled. jupiter siae. sun size, saturn distance moon distance. ts just the numbers associated with spnning and they are nearlu yuniversal with regards to the contions theyre

so it makes for an excellent ROAR or other high order ideas and designs
that are now as well, (with slight modiciations). we all just missed slightly because we couldnt see in any way possible otherwise. now we do, now we can enjoy whats always been there and to thier credit, the roar and pareflex people have clearly bumped into something that was so close to an ultimatum that is everything special they claimed it was/is and more. paraflex is already tweeking the desings to become closer and closer to this or the version of this that it is for ay drver chosen.

this s the B&C18ds115-4, theres a hundred others to use and adjust to suit the same intervals in pressure phase (nodes). thats a lot of math and hard to sort thru... it was no picnic!! but t ended up (AGIAN) at roar and paraflex . and always does, every time and in every way including the twisted and sueezed ones( slighly wider and skinier to slimmer and wider in that dimension alone with respect to the same intervals in length portions of pressure in pipe

Last edited:
I honestly dont know, but spontaneously I would not recommend putting the 2242 in the ROAR15, the reasons for this is that the conditions would not favour that driver (compression ratio, bl and mms).

I have not simulated them in the ROAR15 but I believe that they would fare much better in the ROAR18, which is designed for 18" drivers.