XLR Stereo Subwoofer amp, regular chassis - how?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Howdy. I'd like a stereo class D sub woofer amp - that's in a regular, stereo power amp chassis, not mounted on a plate, that's mounted into a speaker box. Controls on the front, 200 Hz crossover, variable phase control, XLR left & right input. How can I do it (without DSP)? Can you get a crossover, phase, level/vol circuitry/module, power supply and connect it into a Class D amp module, mount it in a chassis? Seems like it's a rare bird? Is there a straight forward kit for this? Any suggestions? Fanx yoos

Here's what I would do...

If you want balanced, most pro-amps can do that and have enough power. Crown Drivecore XLS series has lowpass filters accessible via the front panel, as well as limiters and a switchable high or low gain if necessary. These tend to be cheaper than the DSP amplifiers, but the DSP might allow xovers, phase, and or delay to where you would not need the others.

If you have said class D amp with power, lowpass, XLR inputs, etc, and ALL YOU NEED is the analog phase adjustment...
Then get a Radial Phazer.
Radial Phazer? - Class-A Phase Adjuster

It's a small add-on box that could be installed in a case with the amplifier, or just set on top of it.

I plan on getting one myself to do this task.

Hope this helps,
Wolf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.