Titanic MkIII 15"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone have any opinions on this driver? First of all, I'm in the UK so I don't have a lot of choice with regards to sub drivers. This driver appears close to the ultimate (I know of the Adire Tumult, but it's ridiculously expensive) in terms of Vd and power handling. I'm planning on using this in a sealed box with EQ and around 500W of power.
At the current exchange rate I can get this from Parts Express, devliered to my door, for £175 all-in.
The official (and only) Adire dealer in the UK sells the Tempest for £195 inc delivery - and the Tempest seems to have slightly weaker specs.
PE also sells the JBL SUB1500, which has very similar specs to the Titanic but has a shorting ring (and so I presume less distortion) and weighs a substantial amount more (40lbs vs 26lbs). This costs around £50 more with the added delivery costs.
The only other place in the UK that sells suitable drivers is www.bkelec.com with the Eminence LAB12 - this is around £135 incl delivery.

I want to get the best bank/buck that I can, and it seems to me that the Titanic is probably that. Does anyone think differently or have other drivers to recommend?

Thanks

I still won't overlook the Tempest..they both have 2 and half inch voice coils ..the MK111 has about 4mm more of x-max...but one option that the Tempest has is the dual vouce coils which gives you flexebility..to experiment with diffrent voice coil configuratiions.Also the progressive spyder in the MK111 makes it difficult to power above 105 spl..meaning it would be optimum to have around 1000 watts..the PE sells it in a kit form wiht a 1000 watt amp.Your 500watts will do more for the Tempest than the Titanic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.