Tapped Horn for B&C 15NW100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ref. Posts #59/61

Hi martina,

Here is a suggestion for cone correction for the dual fold style w/ your internal box dimensions. I also added a few dimensions that might be useful.

I have been messin' w/ the drawing to see if I can get the center section to follow the Hornresp Exp flare for L34 more closely, but, while it is possible, it complicates the box unnecessarily. So I would just go w/ this.

Regards,

Attachments

• Martina_dual_fold_15NW100_cone_correction_dims.pdf
    50.6 KB · Views: 90
Hi Y'all,

Post #55: "...I found TH218SC, is ist possible to redesign this TH in my empty enclousre for 15NW100?"

I went through the folding process, and found it necessary to use more than one expansion angle. To keep the angles simple I used S1-S3 @ 3° and S3-S4 @ 6°. The wood does not follow the layout perfectly, but close enough. :) As expected the low end suffered a little, but the overall output increased quite a bit. CR set @ 3:1.

Regards,

P.S.: change the file named ...._dxf.txt into ....dxf to use the dxf file (AutoCAD 2002)

Looking good! Have you considered a simplified construction version of this that deletes the S5 flare section, uses optimized amount of wood like a sheet and a half of ply, and has an F3 around 35-40 hz? Could be very popular, like a bigger, deeper version of an SS15. Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.