Any L slot port calculator available?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. Because the shape I am giving to an enclosure, I need to bend the port section, because I want it just in the same board where subwoofer mount is. Otherwise because the length of the port, it only can be located at one side, which I don't like.

I use to use this website for enclosure calculations, and just wondering if can get something similar but for L slot ports. I actually found some links here in the forum, but they were offline.:( Thanks.

mh-audio.nl - Vented System

Attachments

• 5sd4fsdf.jpg
    5sd4fsdf.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 513
What you guys think about this? I also came with this idea. The red section is just all the port area section that enclosure needs to be tuned, green section is the same slot port, but dramatically increased, so its only purpose will be to redirect the air flow to the front, without changing sound frequency, that's why that chamber/section is significantly bigger than port area.
attachment.php

Attachments

• f5d4gfdg.jpg
    f5d4gfdg.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,109
Don't make the cross section of the green area larger than the red area. Doing so will make an ineffective horn and a port with unknown tuning. The correct end correction factor for a slotted port is a little bit over 2. The 90 degree bend has virtually no affect.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/mult...ion-factor-question-clarification-needed.html

Before posting this, I was not sure about how to properly bend the port, so I came with the idea shown above. At first I was measuring the walls of the port, but then I understood that the right way is measuring the invisible center line of the port, so there should be the necessary total length that enclosure needs to be tuned. Now I discarded the idea shown above, which I don't need it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• f45dgdfg.gif
    f45dgdfg.gif
    5 KB · Views: 829
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.