Wattage, volume and low bass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You'll need to adjust the enclosure's tuning and possibly build a larger cabinet. As for the XXX drivers, they have high inductance, i wouldn't recommend them for home use. If you want a higher sensitivity driver, then you will definitely need a larger enclose. Another solution is to use DSP, but you will need to model this to ensure your amp has enough headroom and that the driver won't run out of excursion at your target SPL. There is no free lunch.

You'll need to adjust the enclosure's tuning and possibly build a larger cabinet. As for the XXX drivers, they have high inductance, i wouldn't recommend them for home use. If you want a higher sensitivity driver, then you will definitely need a larger enclose. Another solution is to use DSP, but you will need to model this to ensure your amp has enough headroom and that the driver won't run out of excursion at your target SPL. There is no free lunch.
If I use a DSP, you're recommending that I boost the frequencies below 35 Hz ? Won't that make the speaker distort since it wasn't able to play those frequencies loud in the first place? And what do you mean by checking if my amp has enough head room?
I'm sure that my sub won't reach it's xmax. It's barely moving at the moment and I know my sub can have a very high excursion.

Also, what do you mean by high inductance for the XXX drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.