Foam surround has tiny notches in the texture.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As the title says, I spotted a tiny spots with a bit of a darker color and they changed their color depending on the position, so I took a magnifying glass to investigate and found out that the strings that from the foam at these precise spots are like 2 - 3 levels missing, i'm talking below 1 mm of difference, it looks like a tiny spot in cement from farther distance.
It's barely noticeable at like 50-60 cm away from the foam. There's 3 spots.

I suspect my dog somehow could be responsible for this or one of my friends whose jeans touched the surround a day ago.

My worry is to not get the cracks worse, especially at higher watts, the woofer in question is a 15" SSA 1250 W, SPL competition ready with treated foam surround. I am maybe exaggerating the danger here but, it's my first ever 15s so. :)

Additionally, will a cotton rope over the woofer (which touches the surround - **** so big it's pumped above all parts in width) prevent any damage from touching when the woofer is not playing, like accidentally dog tail, or dumb friend etc ..

P.S.
Hope I'm posting in the right section!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.