Ooh looky - a TH that does from ~42Hz-500Hz +/-3dB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's one way of implementing the extended S1-S2, using a modification to a fairly well-known fold. Once I have some time, I'll see if I can incorporate this into my folded-horn spreadsheet.

Attachments

• 20150821-POC4-3.gif
    20150821-POC4-3.gif
    22.2 KB · Views: 239
Interesting drawing Brian. But i am a little worried about the 'back' pressure will do on the cone.

It shouldn't be a problem. All that's being done is increasing the length of S1-S2. CS at S2 shouldn't be changed much, if at all.

I'm going to be pretty busy for the next few weeks, but as soon as I get some free time, I'm going to see if my spreadsheet can be modified to accommodate this type of modification.

Interesting solution to increase S1-S2.

I'm not the expert in sound but mechanically in you increase length you probably increase volume too so the reaction of the air being compressed at S2 will chage the behavior would be like reducing spring's constant. But hornresp can predict this things.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.