A little help decrease box size

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a small problem. I have purchased a sub box to fit into my 2000 gmc sonoma the air space available is .725 cu.ft per chamber (the sub box is a 2 chamber box with amp rack in middle). I have 2 JL 10w0v3-4
subs that require .65 cu.ft per chamber im not sure how to calculate the size of an object i would need to put in each chamber to bring the airspace to said required space. I would very much like to get it to the ideal sealed box volume of .65 cu.ft.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will also be running the suggested power to these speakers.

I have a small problem. I have purchased a sub box to fit into my 2000 gmc sonoma the air space available is .725 cu.ft per chamber (the sub box is a 2 chamber box with amp rack in middle). I have 2 JL 10w0v3-4
subs that require .65 cu.ft per chamber im not sure how to calculate the size of an object i would need to put in each chamber to bring the airspace to said required space. I would very much like to get it to the ideal sealed box volume of .65 cu.ft.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will also be running the suggested power to these speakers.

I wouldn't worry about it. The slight increase in volume should result in your subs going slightly lower and needing slightly less power to reach peak output.

I wouldn't bother for the reasons Brian gives. Also, the sub box may be 0.725, but the subs (magnets, frame, cone, etc.) take up some space inside the enclosure

Just so you know how to do it. A cubic foot is 12x12*12 inches, or 1728 cubic inches, So 0.1 cubic feet is 0.1*1728 or 172.8 cubic inches. the cube root of 172.8 is 5.57, so a cube of 5.57" on a side would take up 0.1 cubic feet of space. Or say you had a 2x4 available (actual dims ~3.5x1.5) 172.8/(3.5*1.5), or about 33" of 2x4, chopped up into several pieces.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.