Differing cable lengths for 4 subwoofers OK?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In relation to that very thing I will say when I first tried this setup I ran 1 sealed sub @ 8 Ohms With the Yung the damping factor would have been slightly south of 1000 with 80 cm of wire to the speaker. Aside from the position of the sub no other variables.
NO overhang that disturbed me. Then running in parallel damping factor with 2 subs running from the same plate amp damping factor drops to 500 and less by an indeterminate amount again due to an 8 foot run between the bass boxes. Overhang becomes apparent. The speakers had felt pads attached to mass load and damp the cones adding about 8 g to the baffled mass as given by Peerless as 88g. Removed 4 g & overhang is greatly reduced.
Strong evidence to me at least that the reduced damping factor was indeed the culprit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.