Sealed dual sub design help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all.

Wondering if someone (or many people) can help me.

I have been racking my brain now for a few days. Have cube to the conclusion that I need 2 subs in order to get a smoother response.

Problem is. I have the space for around 100 litre enclosures. Want sealed because music is very important to me. But also want it to go low.

I can't find a sub with the right parameters. The jl audio 13w7 seems to model brilliantly but is too expensive..

1. Does anybody have any ideas on drivers.

2. Didn't want to go for a small enclosure design e.g. low VAS low QTS as I have heard they are not as good for overall musicality. Thoughts?

3. As I say. Having 2 subs to smooth response. How would this affect output in terms of dB gain. Maybe 2 subs that model OK are better than one brilliant one?

Thanks for the help.

Didn't want to go for a small enclosure design e.g. low VAS low QTS as I have heard they are not as good for overall musicality. Thoughts?

Check out Tymphany NE265W. I'm not sure whether they are still available though. I have a pair and they are incredible for music. Compact 25L ported box, tuned to 40Hz.

Attachments

• TYMPHANY NE265W.jpg
    TYMPHANY NE265W.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 91
Thanks all for the replys. I know ported can sound good so forgive me for this but was after the best I can get from a sealed as it's easier for me to build and get it to sound right.cos I have limited tools and fairly useless when it comes to wood work.

Would something like the stereo integrity hst12mk2 in a 70l sealed box be any good for music.?? It models well in winisd.

Would build 2 to go in the rear corners if room as coffee tables powered by an inuke6000 DSP.??

Obviously going to set me back a fair bit but should be good for both movies and music hopefully.??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.