Help/recommendation - Presonus 2.0 active Monitors and active sub setup *photos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I have just ordered a pair of Presonus Eris E4.5 High Def 4.5" Active Monitors. Pretty excited!

I also own a sub from an old Samsung 7.1 system; Model PS-AW710 (150w active).

I would like to know if someone could recommend how I can hook the two together? I assume I will need a crossover or RCA hub of some sort, or simple cable Y splitter? But from what I understand is the sub needs the mids and highs filtered out?

Please keep in mind I am by no means looking for audiophile sound (no doubt you can already tell with the budget style setup I am using). I am not using balanced inputs etc, and understand this sub is not "designed" for this type of thing.

Im hoping I can get a budget hub with two or more inputs (source from Media server box and laptop/phone or similar) and then split into the monitors and sub (hopefully filtering the appropriate frequencies to both.

This is the back of the 2.0:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This is the back of the sub:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Presonus has two unbalanced RCA inputs, sub has single RCA input: so guess I need a RCA hub with two source inputs (hopefully switchable), then can filter each source into two out puts (Monitors + sub).

Apologies if my terminology is incorrect. Im new to anything beyond off the shelf Kmart "systems". Again I know I wont get amazing sound but coming from my setup and for general listening I think Ill be happy.

Thank you :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.