Help? SWA1801 Sub quit after 4 seconds - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th July 2016, 08:20 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Help? SWA1801 Sub quit after 4 seconds

I moved and hadn't turned it on my Mackie SWA1801 powered 18" sub in maybe 3 years. As soon as I powered it on, the LED lights lit up and then there were some slight popping or weird static-y sounds for about 4 seconds and then the lights went off and you could tell it was no longer powered. I unplugged and plugged back in and I can't get her to power on again. I took off the back panel and checked the 3 fuses that I can see and they were all good. I don't see or smell anything that's burnt. The big black transistors(?) don't have domed tops (which would show need for replacement).

Any tips on getting this baby back to work?
I can attach pics if that'd help.
Old 11th July 2016, 08:59 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Popping noises are never good, I think you need to get it to a qualified technician this most likely is not something that will be a quick fix.

Hide this!Advertise here!