1 subwoofer with 2 inputs - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th April 2016, 10:24 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default 1 subwoofer with 2 inputs

Okay so i have this polk audio 10" subwoofer that is rated at 270w rms and 540w peak, it is a 4 ohm speaker which my amp can handle (amp can go down to 2ohm) the what i presume the product code is: DB104DVC.
My question is that there is 2 sets of speaker terminals, what are theese for and how can i use them?
Old 10th April 2016, 12:53 PM   #2
Sonce is offline Sonce  Macedonia
diyAudio Member

DB104DVC is a Dual Voice Coil subwoofer, each voice coil has 4-ohm nominal impedance.
1. You can connect those two coils in parallel to get 2-ohm mono subwoofer. You have to sum left and right audio channel before the amplifier.
2. You can connect one voice coil to the left channel of the amplifier output, and second voice coil to the right channel of the amp, to get 4-ohm stereo subwoofer.
Old 10th April 2016, 12:55 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

As my amplifier only gives out a mono subwoofer out then if i wire them both up to the same output will it be louder?
Old 10th April 2016, 06:38 PM   #4
specd is offline specd  United States
diyAudio Member

You'll need to hook up both voice coils. The manual for your driver may be found HERE. Connection options common to all DVC drivers are inside the manual and easily found elsewhere by simply searching the 'net.
Old 10th April 2016, 07:39 PM   #5
Sonce is offline Sonce  Macedonia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by william444555 View Post
As my amplifier only gives out a mono subwoofer out then if i wire them both up to the same output will it be louder?
Yes.

Hide this!Advertise here!