questions about push push subwoofers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to design a push push subwoofer,
which aims to cancel subwoofer walk by connecting in phase facing opposite.

Two questions:
1. how should I design the volume of the box compare to single subwoofer?
Does push push need double volume of a single driver? I am going to design a vented box so how should the design of tube change?

2. I read some threads telling fixing two magnets as close as possible would gain maximum benefits.
But if I use two identical subwoofers, won't the magnetic flux eliminate or reduce each other? how to keep the magnetic flux strength?

Thank you.

1. how should I design the volume of the box compare to single subwoofer?
Does push push need double volume of a single driver? I am going to design a vented box so how should the design of tube change?

If you design for one woofer, double the volume and use two ports. Or design one port for this double volume.

2. I read some threads telling fixing two magnets as close as possible would gain maximum benefits.
But if I use two identical subwoofers, won't the magnetic flux eliminate or reduce each other? how to keep the magnetic flux strength?

Flux interaction is normally minimal but can lead to a slight increase since the two motors act a bit as bucking magnets for eachother.

The idea is to couple the drivers mechanically to eachother. Technically it's a good idea but it may be hard in pratice due to the venting hole in the center pole piece. Make the box rigid and the drivers will be effectively copled to eachother in the sub range thru the box. An extra panel or rod inside may help help to couple both baffles.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.