Help for an idiot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, guys. I was directed here to ask a question that I hope you guys could be able to answer.

I live in a small apartment and love to game. I have a nice little 2-speaker, subwoofer setup that I enjoy but have found out that they tend to be able to hear more of the sound vibrations than I'd like when they're sleeping. I like my neighbors and it's not overly intrusive but since I have a different schedule than normal people, I am gaming at 3am a lot. I know many would suggest earphones but my head gets bothered by them fairly quickly (plus I'm a bit on the poor side so it's hard to justify atm).

So I guess the basic question is: What can I do to help with the sound vibrations? I've tried putting the subwoofer on some boxes and that didn't seem to help. Is there some kind of vibration absorber I can use?

Not my strongest area but there's a few things you could try?

Is the woofer downward firing? Maybe try pointing it in a different direction.

You can also cheaply decouple the sub from the floor by placing squash balls under each corner, some people cut them in half first.

Try using an equalizer to roll off any really deep bass, you might find a certain frequency is the one causing issues and lowering it might not affect your experience much but could make all the difference to those below you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.