Just built my first sub, have a question.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently built a sub using the 15" Tempest from Adire Audio, and the AVA-250 amp. The box is about 210 L with two PNR 3" ports from Parts Express. This sub sounds awesome and is very powerful. Now my question is what do I do with the phase adjustment? I have 0 degrees to 180 degrees, and right now I have it set to maybe 100 degrees. How does changing the setting affect the sub performance?

-= SsZERO =-

If you are facing the front of my setup, then my sub would about 1 foot in front and a few inches left of the face of my front-left speaker. The driver is facing toward the front of my system...and I have a dial for phase, so I can adjust it to anything in between 0-180.

According to what you say, if my sub was right beside me, then the phase should be 90? But since it is in front of me a little, I guess I should set it to 60-70? My AVIA disc said to use a sound meter to adjust it, but I don't have one and I really don't know what to listen for do adjust by ear.

-= SsZERO =-

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.