Bought a 21 inch sub from Pyle.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tested mine awhile ago ,got 60 volts at 30 hz into it. Got stinky after 15 minutes. Using a green laser thru the spider looks to be about 10mm overhang. Observed approximately 1.125 inches of peak to peak motion at 60 volts.
Tested it with wt2 , T/S specs are not close to factory.

Guy on youtoob tested it up past 220 volts and it smoked out after 20 seconds or so

Last edited:
I found a pdf datasheet and that says 1.7KHz upper limit at -3db.
I can only guess the spec I firs tread was at -6db.

I had trouble getting a 21 inch round grill for the Pyle so have gone with speaker grill cloth instead.

The Pyle seems to be on sale for $199 in the USA but I could only one in the UK for £216.
It was cheaper and quicker to buy the UK as postage on such a big speaker from the USA is expensive.

I look forward to hearing what you have to say about how it sounds. The trouble with Pyle is they are so inconsistent with their products. My only experience was one purchase and it was not so good but I have read good reviews on a number on their drivers. Their 2" driver gets good reviews from those that have bought it along with other drivers and products and then they sell some products that are not so good at any price. You cannot beat their prices if you get a decent item. I hope it works out great. $200 for a 21" subwoofer is a hard price to beat.

I currently have it running face down on a carpet.
It sounds a bit muffled but that is driving it with a full range signal.
After all it is a subwoofer.

I paid £216 which is about $334.
I could only find one supplier in the UK and that was on amazon.co.uk

The video I linked to earlier had it blow up at 2000watts but that was with a sine wave and not music.
My most powerful amp is only 250WRMS so it wont get stretched with me.

I wont get to test it for a while as i have to build the cabinet and I can only do that on days off.
I am also waiting for bass tubes.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.