Oh internet, you so silly - a bit off topic - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Old 11th October 2015, 07:48 PM   #1
NEO Dan is offline NEO Dan  United States
diyAudio Member
Default Oh internet, you so silly - a bit off topic

This is just all kinds of awesome!

Click the image to open in full size.

As seen on newegg
Old 12th October 2015, 03:55 AM   #2
diyAudio Member
this technology will probably eventually get into woofers as LED displays.although I think that a parallax view would be a bit blurry
JEREMY M_________________________________
I like it loud, BUT NOT TOO LOUD!.... Hey do you hear that high pitched ringing sound ?
Old 12th October 2015, 06:32 PM   #3
wg_ski is online now wg_ski  United States
diyAudio Member
What, you mean you've never thrown a couple sets of Christmas lights into a speaker (with a poly cone woofer) before? What were you doing in the 70's?
Old 12th October 2015, 07:22 PM   #4
diyAudio Member
Yeah, the swapmeets here have them all over the place. Heck, I was just dancing cumbia to a super cheap (but effective enough) karaoke system the other day. Had flashing lights, etc. Unfortunately, the cheap systems don't have outputs for subs. Deep bass sucks... Midbass is awesome, though.
Lights might be fun, but the sound quality hurts my ears.

In the Los Angeles area, we have a lot of import (mostly chinese) electronics at the swapmeets and whatnot... So I always find the latest trends in "eye catching" DJ and Karoake systems. Funny to see what people buy...
Old 13th October 2015, 06:29 AM   #5
diyAudio Member
Just spray paint your HF horns lime green....
Old 19th October 2015, 05:40 PM   #6
diyAudio Member
Talking "Musicvision"

When I was a youngin, i used to glue small (1/2" diameter) mirrors to a piece of very thin rubber stretched over a 8" to 12" el-cheapo woofer driven by only a watt or two.
Then shine a slide projector onto the mirrors and watch their reflection on the ceiling/walls.
It was even more psychedelic if the projector had some colored gels rotating through it.
I even set up stuff like this for bands at small local coffee houses.

Wow man, look at that.
Far out.

I think silly color tricks have been played with audio related things since the beginning of time.

Old 20th October 2015, 09:37 AM   #7
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member
My fave was the multi-colored lasers bouncing off a quadraphonic Altec A5 system's woofers with others firing around the room sync'd to the music for Pink Floyd's screening of Live at Pompeii and Yes's Yessongs in '75 were 'way rad', etc., for the times.

Never had any interest in doing such things myself, though do set a nice mood for special event parties such as New Year's Eve.

Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

Hide this!Advertise here!