Reflex Designs for PD/PDN 2450

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Indeed they are rather massive, the magnet looks almost tiny on them, yet they are the biggest neo magnets I have seen :)

They are large enough to actually produce bass on their own, no enclosure required, this is how I use them at the moment, living in an apartment and all, but I understand that this is not the way they should be used.

NB24_frontview.jpg

NB24_stand_sideview.jpg
Nice
Once your out of the apartment then you can open it up

FWIW, you gain more stiffness quicker by adding more bracing, so material thickness per se only dictates how much bracing is required and since these are subs, the lighter, cheaper, well braced 3/4" void free plywood panels is the best overall choice and why it's so popular in prosound.

GM

My cabs weigh close to 300# each with drivers and even with the appropriate sized casters and push/grab bar, they were a struggle for two of us moving them from my original shop to house to new house and all the stairs, etc., this entailed back when still fairly young and now I can't safely even tilt them back to engage the casters, so will either have to pay some locals to move them or saw them up/splice them back together, or not.

Four casters would help of course, but still requires at least two strong people and for HIFI/HT apps, spacing them off the floor compromises performance a bit.

GM

Ok gents
I have put in a big order for drivers only and since this all started back when a dealer for a local speaker company called CSW (SW-218) quoted me $1900/box and I actually thought about 6 boxes for a 3/side combination. .
But somehow the final numbers came to $15, 500..ish so I declined(his profit/taxes) and said to myself. ....

"Self, what can fourteen thousand buy me"

And here is my list...

PRECISION DEVICES(subwoofer)
2....PD-2450
4....PDN-2450
12..PD-186

FANE(midbass)
8..Sovereign.15-600N

B&C
8...ME-60 (60x40 horn)

JBL
6...2246 compression driver

20...4x8.... .75" BB
8.....5x5.... 1" BB

This was alot of shopping around though
Still need grills...handles...connectors ....wheels
But in the end I will have
4 tops
3..2x18
3..24...Per side
all for the price of 3...2x18 CSW
Hell the dealers cut alone bought me 3 ....2x18 boxes. ..diy of course

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.