Upgrading from my JL audio 10w7's...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Been running my four 10w7's for almost 10 years now. Always been very happy with them (4-way active system w/DEQX + ICEpower amps) but i'm thinking of a change. An UPgrade, obviously.

I recently tested the newest ''little brother'' 10w6v3. Was very very impressed. Cannot handle agressive corrections @ 20-35hz EQ as easy as the W7, but still a very capable subwoofer and has much more finesse in the 60hz+, which is important for me.

But before i lock my choice to the 10w6v3 (or even the 12w6v3), i wonder if anybody on the forum would have any other suggestions ?

GM

Joined 2003
Don't know what's available, but based on where you're looking for improvement, go with the driver that has the widest BW for a given Fs, Xmax, i.e. the lowest Qts and inductance [Le] and use either TL/horn loading and/or EQ to boost the more rolled off bass.

GM

Hi,

FYI: ''little brother' Sub suggestions:

b:)

Attachments

• JL-Audio_10W6v3-D4_Subs.JPG
    JL-Audio_10W6v3-D4_Subs.JPG
    635.4 KB · Views: 114
i just worked on a project that included twelve 10w6v3 and the result is impressive but the room is so huge i can't really have an opinion of what it could do in my place.

So far, it's based only on a side-by-side comparison with one w6 V.S. my w7. 'would like to try something else

Maybe some driver from AE ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.