diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Subwoofers (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/)
-   -   Shelby Tubes As Sonosubs??????? Is That Right???????????? (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/27622-shelby-tubes-sonosubs-right.html)

Andre Baptiste 5th February 2004 04:27 PM

Shelby Tubes As Sonosubs??????? Is That Right????????????

Help people........i found tubes..........but the nice lady at the place told me its to take soil samples or something.Yea the name of it is SHELBY TUBES.........i was wondering if any body knows what is a shelby tube....or had any experiences with it.......help needed

HeatMiser 5th February 2004 04:55 PM

Google tells me that these are typically made of stainless steel, and are purposely constructed with very thin walls so as to cut cleanly through soil. They might not be the easiest things to work with (depending on the kinds of tools you have available) and might tend to display ringing type resonances due to the thin metal construction.

I'd definitely take a closer look or ask the lady more questions before ordering these.

Andre Baptiste 5th February 2004 05:08 PM

But the lady told me it was cardboard.............i think it has a cardboard and aluminium one.do you know any other sonotube brands????? besides sonoco's brand????...keep in mind i live in trinidad..

Timn8ter 5th February 2004 06:27 PM

Sounds like part of a big xylophone to me.

Andre Baptiste 5th February 2004 06:42 PM

i know i think the steel tube would not suffice.........i would go with the cardboard tube that.....our paper manufactoring company rolls the giang rools of paper with......i think that aughta work.......its thick enough

roddyama 5th February 2004 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andre Baptiste
i know i think the steel tube would not suffice.........i would go with the cardboard tube that.....our paper manufactoring company rolls the giang rools of paper with......i think that aughta work.......its thick enough
:D

Andre Baptiste 5th February 2004 06:58 PM

Yama does that smile mean go ahead....go for it?????....or does it mean...ha ha ha ha ha he is in for some trouble now.........lol

roddyama 5th February 2004 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andre Baptiste
Yama does that smile mean go ahead....go for it?????....or does it mean...ha ha ha ha ha he is in for some trouble now.........lol
:) I was amused to watch you going around in circles...
:) :scratch: :boggled: :yell: :bawling: :beady: :D :( :scratch: :headbash: :idea: :)
...and to end up where you started.

Andre Baptiste 5th February 2004 07:24 PM

i know what you mean....aI am laughing right now at myself......lol...yea its really funny........from paper rolls to shelby tubes....lol

Timn8ter 5th February 2004 07:33 PM

:clown: