Marty Cube with Dayton spa1000 plate amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Forum......I have been surfing a lot of sub-threads......I am now going to attempt a MartyCube build.
I have seen a lot of threads and photos of other projects.....all seem to have external amplifiction. I would like to build a plate amp into my unit.

Here are my measurements.....inches converted to cm.

4X 61x61....top, bottom, sides.
1X 61x57.....back.
3X 61x50.....2xfront baffle, brace.
1x 61x54....port bottom.
1x 61x45.....port back.
2X 5x54.......bottom rails.
2X 5x52.......back rails.

I hope the above measurements are ok. I will use 19mm MDF.

Dayton 18" Ultimax will go in.

How would I mount the spa1000 amp best? On the side? Has anybody mounted a plate amp in a MartyCube?

Any info would be good.

I would like to mount the plate amp on the back. I will of course have to cut a hole 10"x10".

My intentions are to separate the vent-rails by 10"...... Cut the hole and install......

Will this affect the performance of the sub?

Has anybody done something similar?

Won't you be blocking part of the vent if you do that?

If you block the vent, that will change Fb, which in turn may produce less than optimal results.

I have a friend who is training to become a carpenter........he will help cut the pieces for this Martycube build. I will post pics.
Does this this vented sub need acoustic fill?
I have another thread where I will build one of PE's knock-down sealed cabinets......what do you guys put in them for dampening?
Thanks.

plate amp positioning in martycube

I am in the midst of a martycube build, which will be powered by a Dayton Audio SPA 1000. I made the cutout in the RHS wall just behind where I placed the window bracing. I will post some pics later for anyone interested. (Although the OP is likely done with his build.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.