Another one of those design request threads...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The RS225-8 is one of the best in the $57 price point - I would not rule it out for bass duties as that is what it was designed for. Maybe not for pro audio use but at 50 watts drive I doubt the air leak at phase plug is an issue. It has a vented pole piece and has one of the lowest distortion motors for this size and price. It simulates very well as a vented alignment. I recall a 24 liter box is about ideal and should hit 40Hz or so with 107dB and 127 watts.

Last edited:
Yeah I think it's a great value too. I am just saying that this is a mid woofer and not a sub woofer. If I'm wanting strictly 30-80hz, I'd pick a subwoofer instead. The engineering trade offs here were to make a great mid woofer. Just like the SS 18W/8531g will dig into the 30s, I would never choose it if I were designing a subwoofer even though it's a great woofer.... If you want to go fast buy a sports car. Will other types of cars go fast, sure but what do you have to trade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.