Recone-kit from aftermarket versus original

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have to repair some JBL 2226H.
I found three US manufacturers for recone kit:
. Simply speaker
. SoundSpeakerRepair
. Mc Kenzie

SoundSpeakerRepair and Mc Kenzie proposal consist in pre-assembled kits, which facilitates a lot the task.

What do you think of those three suppliers, can we expect to have very close performances and sound compared to a JBL original one?

Thanks in advance

Thanks DJK!

I wonder why this Mc Kenzie recone kit is cheaper than SoundSpeakerRepair and even Simply Speaker one's (despite the fact the SimplySpeaker recone-kit is not pre-assembled).

Videos posted by SimplySpeaker and SoundSpeakerRepair let think they are very professional. But...

I have read different comments saying aftermarket recone-kits reach never the same quality as original ones... but very difficult to see a real comparison with measurements between the two's. :scratch:

JBL does not offer loose cones, they have the coils and spiders glued up at the factory.

If he is an authorized JBL service center he should list his business name, and we can check it with JBL.

I was the largest JBL dealer in the midwest (years ago), but not a recone center. We did warranty service (05 replacements), but JBL would not give us the full discount on parts that they give an authorized recone center.

JBL does not offer loose cones, they have the coils and spiders glued up at the factory.

If he is an authorized JBL service center he should list his business name, and we can check it with JBL.

I was the largest JBL dealer in the midwest (years ago), but not a recone center. We did warranty service (05 replacements), but JBL would not give us the full discount on parts that they give an authorized recone center.

Oh, good catch. I didn't realize he meant 'cone parts'. Yeah, JBL doesn't do that so unless you're sourcing from where they're sourcing I'll pass.

No sir, I am NOT a JBL dealer, nor would I really like to be... I am independent, and the owner/proprietor of Hemp-O LOUDspeakers, (hempopotamus loudspeakers.com)and happen to have a large number of real components...
... I have friends and contacts at several of the largest manufacturing facilities in the Americas, and happen to have all sorts of OEM components...I don't mind if anyone would like to verify me, or contact me direct at pmreproductions@neo.rr.com...
THANKS GUYS!!!
sincerely,-
jason vice/HEMP-O LOUDspeakers

No sir, nor do I really want/intend to be.You don't have to be "authorized" to have obtained parts and be allowed to sell items that you personally own...I sure hope I didn't aggravate the authorized fellas' that are with JBL, they have the real parts, usually in pre-fabricated drop in kits, but I happen to have components, such as individual cones, caps, spiders/etc/etc/etc, for those whom do not want to take the high dollar /complete kit route.. Not just JBL, but virtually anything from A-Y...Hi-fi stuff too...
.. My website is hempopotamus loudspeakers.com, and my direct contact is pmreproductions@neo.rr.com.
Thanks guys!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.