Need help wiring DVC AE Dipole 15

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of AE Dipole 15 (-8) mounted in a u-frame and am ready to try them out for the first time, but I'm not confident I know all the possible wiring scenarios and the results each would net. Each vc measures 6.3 ohm.

If I wire one channel of the amp to either of one set of terminals (one vc) that would get me 6.3 ohm at the amp...correct?

If I wire the two vc's together in series (+ of one vc to - of other vc) and wire one channel of the amp to either of the two vc's that would get me 12.6 ohm...correct?

If I wire the two vc's together in parallel (+/- of one vc to +/- of other vc) and wire one channel of the amplifier to either of the two vc's that would get me 3.15 ohm...correct?

And I don't know why, but I have myself convinced that I read somewhere the Dipole 15's shouldn't be operated on just a single vc. Could that be possible?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.