High SPL bass section for Wakeboard boat

Another season came and went (5th season) and still zero issues. I don't go easy on it at all.

The one change this year was my EQ gave up the ghost so I replaced it with the wetsounds WS-420 SQ. The side effect was that I lost my ability to adjust the sub crossover frequency from the drivers seat. The only adjustment I have now is on the amp itself.

I didn't realize how much I used that feature on my old EQ until it was gone. I would say with some content the box sounds a bit too "boomy" to me, and with the old eq I would just dial down the crossover point for that song. With other content it sounded better and I got more SPL with the higher crossover point.

So on the whole I am *slightly less satisfied now that I realize I was doing a lot of tuning on the go.

Another 2 season have passed and the story is still the same. The dual 12HP1030 woofers are still going strong after 9 summers of demanding use. Not a single issue. I recently re-tested the tuning frequency, it is still 39Hz - no change at all. I am pretty impressed.

• Thank You
Reactions: 2 users
Glad to hear the drivers are still going strong, sounds like Faital Pro's claim held true:

"These products were brought to market not as another line of professional audio components but as the "New Breed" of professional audio components that can and do operate anywhere audio reproduction is required and operational when called upon for the same."

The tuning wouldn't change unless you lost a driver or the box started to leak air somewhere, which means you built a good box!