Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SUBWOOFER TO COMPLETE my SYSTEM ?
SUBWOOFER TO COMPLETE my SYSTEM ?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th March 2015, 12:58 AM   #1
MrZuarth is offline MrZuarth  Mexico
diyAudio Member

Question SUBWOOFER TO COMPLETE my SYSTEM ?

currently features 4 hd-215 and 6 copies of TSE-111 Turbosound.

I need to supplement my system with a subwoofer, probe with 6 T-48 Bill and the outcome is unsatisfactory, for the moment I have 20 Kapa Lite 3015LF.

Also buy 5 copies subwoofer EAW-SB1000, without horns, they have to buy the 18W1400 and could be a project later, but for now I want to take all speakers Eminence Kapa Lite 3015lf that I have and let me know if you think the SS115 of JBell can complete my system.

Has anyone been able to buy the SS115 against Yorkville LS1208 or against Cerwin Vega L36.

Or they better do more and get HD-215 speakers for copies of SB1000.

Most of my events are outdoors where many sound pressure is required.

Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 08:23 AM   #2
Osse is online now Osse  Sweden
diyAudio Member

What music do you play? How low do you need to go? SS15 rolls of rather high and would not be optimal for edm and stuff like that. Live sound they probably kicks ***. I only have a limited/little experience with them otoh.
Old 6th March 2015, 01:12 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

In fact there would be no problem if the subwoofer is bigger and heavier, or if 2 or more speakers, as the XLT-415 Community.

And as for the music is very varied, but many afroantilla music works as Salsa, Cumbia, Guaracha Cuban, Mexican music and bands Sinaloenses, northern, Mariachi, and rarely some Psycho trance.

What I really want is that I can guide their experiences with different subwoofers in which they can get you the most out of the Eminence 3015LF Kappa Lite, because with 6 T48 I built is not satisfied, and the problem is that I too 3015LF and want to use them.

I reiterate that no matter if the subwoofer is 1, 2 or 4 speakers, if it is large and heavy.

Greetings.
Old 6th March 2015, 01:26 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Tham15 for 3015LF, Martinsson's Blog - Showdown in Stenungsund (THAM 15 & MKII proposal)
Old 6th March 2015, 02:41 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

asks SS15 do 16mm or 18mm multiply ????
Old 6th March 2015, 09:35 PM   #6
zettairyouiki is offline zettairyouiki  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm genuinely surprised you didn't like the sound of 6 T-48s. You can say a lot of negative things about Bill's FLH subs in small numbers, but when you start making walls of them they're in their element and you start seeing a really good sensitivity flattening down lower and lower.

Can you describe what you didn't like about their sound? Was it not loud enough for the pack space, or is pack space no issue? Did you try eqing the kick frequencies down a bit? Did you make sure they're thoroughly leakproof? A little air leak can ruin their performance.
Old 6th March 2015, 11:09 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Unhappy Not POUNCH....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zettairyouiki View Post
I'm genuinely surprised you didn't like the sound of 6 T-48s. You can say a lot of negative things about Bill's FLH subs in small numbers, but when you start making walls of them they're in their element and you start seeing a really good sensitivity flattening down lower and lower.

Can you describe what you didn't like about their sound? Was it not loud enough for the pack space, or is pack space no issue? Did you try eqing the kick frequencies down a bit? Did you make sure they're thoroughly leakproof? A little air leak can ruin their performance.

I have had different subwoofers of 18 inches and the T48 did not feel that power the subwoofer is true that the T48 is very loud but with a very dry sound, but you equalize could never get that feeling of Pounch not how to explain .

And I hope the SS15 me that feeling of Pounch and that the subwoofer is more colorful as it were.
Old 7th March 2015, 12:09 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

The idea is:
SS15 ------- 35Hz-90Hz ??
90Hz-250Hz HD215 ----- because I have four-HD215 Loaded
TSE-111 --- 250Hz-18KHz, I have 6 loaded with Beta10 and 2002 driver

And probe the T48 and sounds lifeless subwoofer, with a copy of SB1000 is heard a little better but I need to buy 18W1400, and as I mentioned, I have enough Eminence 3015LF, and I want to take advantage of them, actually keeps time copies of EAW SB1000.

And neither I will do with the 6 T48
Old 7th March 2015, 12:38 AM   #9
zettairyouiki is offline zettairyouiki  United States
diyAudio Member

I think it's possible that you like the sound of ported enclosures. They have a high amount of distortion, which is quite often that wet punchy sound that you're disappointed to not hear in BFM's horns. Just because it's distortion doesn't mean that some people don't like the way that sounds.

Twenty 3015lfs is a lot of drivers. I don't know how big the shows you're trying to do are, but you could probably build some simple double 15 ported or SB1001 inspired horn-port enclosures and make a hell of a noise even with the lower sensitivity. I'm afraid SS15s won't be what you're looking for because they will not run down to 35hz. You have to high pass at 40hz, but you're only making a lot of noise above 50. Plus they're a bit mushy on transients. You'll lose out on the sharp kicks.
Old 7th March 2015, 06:26 AM   #10
djk is offline djk
R.I.P

2x 3015LF in a 35hz tapped horn.

Click the image to open in full size.

4x 3015LF in a 35hz tapped horn.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by djk; 7th March 2015 at 06:37 AM.

SUBWOOFER TO COMPLETE my SYSTEM ?Hide this!Advertise here!