What would you do with 1 cubic foot?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Halfway through my sub build, I started second guessing my design worrying that I wouldn't be pleased with how low it went. So, now I have a 1.375 cubic foot (empty) box that I'm trying to match a driver to.

I was originally going with a Dayton 8" in a cube foot tuned to 35Hz, which gave me an F3 of about 35Hz and SPL around 104dB. I figured it would be ok for a first build, but then I got to thinking how annoyed I would be if I said "meh - that's good enough for a first build" and left some on the table.

So, if you had a 1.375 cubic foot box, what would you drop in it as a good all-around sub both on a budget and unlimited?

Probably a pair of TB W6-1139 minisubs, with a pair of 10" PRs. Mount everything opposite each other, so you've got complete force cancellation.

Tune for ~35Hz and you should get something rather good sounding.

Alternatively, stuff a JBL GTO1214 in there and shove a rocket up it (or, a big amplifier + EQ, whichever).

Chris

Last edited:
To copy and paste from.....yeah... lol

Dang, that looks like a beast! I'm sure I'll have to do some different port work for that!

I've only really been looking at drivers from Parts-Express just because they seem to have a solid selection (most of the time). I'll definitely check out some SI drivers though.

..So, now I have a 1.375 cubic foot (empty) box that I'm trying to match a driver to...

Hi kcducttaper,'

I do the other way around...Pick a good (Musical) Driver and try it in an appropriate Box, i.e. your suggested 1.375 cubic foot:

b:)

Attachments

• Visaton-AL200_T-ML-QWP_sub.JPG
    Visaton-AL200_T-ML-QWP_sub.JPG
    252.8 KB · Views: 176
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.