Looking for Vifa M21WN-07

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gang;

Requesting info (have checked Ebay), on where I can source '1' (or 2 if cheap enough) Vifa M21WN-07, 4 ohm woofers for my Snell E3 setup.

If you'd recommend an upgrade for these, please fire away! :)

Love these speakers -
Thanks in advance!
Vic

They are hard to come by, but I may be able to help with an alternative. I own Snell EII speakers. When I bought them they had KEF woofers in them. They are 8" 4ohm woofers. The come out of the KEF C55 speakers. They were so good when I bought the speakers, I thought they were original to the speakers. Only when I took them apart did I find out they were not original. I was able to locate a set of original woofers for a good price, so I replaced them. I still have the KEF woofers, and would be willing to let them go very reasonable compared to Atomic Hi Fi's pricing for new Snell woofers. You can email on AOL at trinhsman if you like. The sound of these KEF woofers is extremely good. To me there was no difference when I swapped out the KEF's for the Snell woofers than I got.

The Vifa is not a bad driver at all, and you will be hard pushed to find something which can work well as a drop in replacement (not having to do a lot to the xover).
Is something wrong with them?
Consider to refoam them ... not that difficult at all.
One example:
Restoring Avance Concrete 180 | Baldin's Blog

Easier to change the tweeter to a newer and much better type, and add a sub (and maybe close the port in the Snell).
Refoam the Vifas and they are as good as new.
My 2 cent
Baldin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.