Help with my budget sub diy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok first of all I want to build a sub for my 12x12x8 foot room. I don't know what my budget it (probably 150-60 for woofer and amp) This is what I was planning on getting so far:

Dayton woofer (code 295-490 at partsexpress)

or

MCM woofer (code 55-2330 at mcmelectronics)

with either $90 mcm 250watt amp $100 (free ship) 120watt amp

OR THE ALTERNATIVE: was getting the prebuilt 10" dayton sub for $130 plus ship. Will I hear a difference? Its 10" woofer with 100 watt or so.

The woofer is my mainconcern. I don't know what I really want in a woofer besides a low price. I want it for both ht and music. I don't blast it up all the way or anything like that because my dog/parents (15 yrs old). I guess I want clarity and good lows. I"ll turn it up occasionally but not excessively. I want it to be at least 10" preferably 12" woofer.

For my cab I was planning on using the adire audio shiva sealed design which is downfiring. If I get the mcm woofer then I'll get the mcm amp. If I get the dayton woofer then I'll probably get the dayton amp (maybe higher than 120watt).

Help please. Thank YOU

I put the Dayton driver in WinISD and it looks pretty good in a 3.5ft^3 tuned to 29-30 Hz. You're room is pretty small so a single 12 should be fairly loud provided you're not looking to crack walls with a $150 sub. If you have the $$ might as well go for it. If you had a little more money I'd suggest maybe getting a Shiva, but it's $125 for the driver alone there. Might be worth saving up a little longer for though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.