a little help, subwoofer build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys!
So I have a JL Audio 10w3v2 in a 1 cu/ft sealed box wired for 4 ohms. I'm running 300 watts to it from an outboard mono block amp and bass management coming run from my Pre/Pro.
This box really did well in my car, but now it's in the house. I'm contemplating modifying the box. Thoughts?
1. build new 2 cu/ft box to retune
2. place a port in the 1 cu/ft box (will stay small then)

Any tips?
Thanks!
Andy

GM

Joined 2003
Greets!

Well, it depends on what your performance goals are, i.e. music genres, peak SPL, room layout vs speakers, sub, listening position, etc..

Personally, I’d either build a ~3.2 ft^3/~20 Hz Fb extended bass alignment [EBS] alignment [white] using a pair of PRs or a bit larger inverse tapered TL [TQWT]/~20 Hz Fp, i.e. morph the cab and its necessarily large, long vent into one tapered tube [usually folded in half] and in either case, stick it up against a wall, or better yet, in a corner to ensure that it can handle the whole 300 W.

Sealed is ~3.2 ft^3/0.577 Qtc [yellow].

The TL would be a bit slower roll off variant of the EBS alignment, i.e. rounds over the EBS's more extended, but much sharper roll off, so tends to blend in better with a typical room's gain curve.

GM

Attachments

• JL Audio 10W3v2-D2 vented Vs sealed.gif
    JL Audio 10W3v2-D2 vented Vs sealed.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 88
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.