Definitive prosub 60 issues

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I have a definitive tech sub that keeps blowing fuses. As soon as I put in a new fuse and plug it in I get a one half second burp from the woofer and then nothing. I received it this way for free, good price right. So I took it apart to start checking things. First thing I noticed, if there is no load on the amp (woofer is disconnected) then the amp will stay on all day no problem. Once I hook up the amp outputs the the woofer leads the amp goes to sleep. I measured the woofer impedance and it fluctuates a bit but sits right around 60 ohms!!! I know that some of the def tech subs that were built into the towers had high impedances but not sure if they were this high. Would this cause the amp to blow a fuse? Thoughts?

Couldn't find published TS parameters of the driver so not sure what proper imp should be. It's a prosub 60 by the way. 8" woofer with a 150 watt rms woofer.

Thanks
Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.